We are, seeking to recruit focused and results driven individuals to fill the following positions.
Developing the branch to achieve a profitable growth and achievement of set targets through building profitable business relationships
* Formulation and the branch’s budgets and strategies to achieve the same
* Retention and servicing of existing business and sources
* Identification, vetting and recruitment of new sources of business
* Identifying the training and development needs
* Identifying the training and development needs of the various intermediaries under the branch’s care
* Effective management of branch staff & resources to achieve optimal utilization and management of branch’s costs
* Ensuring compliance with all statutory regulations
* Conducting market intelligence on competitor activities
* Premium collection
* Participating in PR activities
* Liaising with the relevant departments to ensure that underwriting standards are maintained and for market / product development
* Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a business related field
* ACII qualification
* Minimum seven years of general insurance experience (at least three years in a senior supervisory/managerial role).
* Good communication and interpersonal skills
* Age between 30-45 years
UNDERWRITERS (TWO) – HEALTH DIVISION
Officer is responsible for marketing, underwriting and servicing the Health Insurance business to ensure that the company writes profitable business and maintains a steady growth.
* Providing quotations to brokers/direct clients/agents and doing quotation follow-up
* Process new policies and set up accounts within set company standards and turn around times.
* Registering member data in the system to facilitate processing of claims
* Maintaining updated client database to claims system and providers
* Recommending and appointing service providers in consultation with the client
* Endorsing policies as instructed by clients and intermediaries
* Process additions and deletions to the policies within the set turnaround times and forward details to claims system as well as providers
* Ensure endorsements and memberships cards are issued correctly and on time
* Performance review and renewal of policies
* Accounts reconciliations
* Collection of premiums due from brokers, agents and direct clients as stipulated in the APA credit policy
* Relationship management with brokers/agents
* Co-ordinate product development process
* A Diploma in Insurance or CII qualification is essential.
* At least three years experience in Health insurance /underwriting is desirable
* Excellent communications and analytical skills.
* Must be computer literate
If your career aspirations match these exciting opportunities, please write in confidence to the address here below on or before 17th December 2010.
Enclose current curriculum vitae and apply to;
Head of Human Resources,
APA Insurance Limited,
Apollo Centre, Off Ring Road Westlands,
PO Box 30065, 00100,