Position: Liaison Officer
Responsible to: Programme Director
Closing Date: 15th June 2012
Handicap International (HI) is an INGO specialising in the field of disability and development.
A strong emphasis is placed on empowering people with disabilities through their integration into mainstream development activities and the provision of appropriate health and rehabilitation services to ensure equal opportunities for all.
The Liaison Officer’s mission is to ensure that the Programme’s coordination at external level is efficient. Reporting to the Programme Director, he/she guarantees compliance with the country’s legal framework, the general context and head office rules, whilst ensuring that the specificities of the programme are taken into account.
He /she is responsible for:-
1. Supporting the process of drafting and implementing the Country Programme Framework to ensure that HI’s strategic vision is adapted to the Kenyan/Somalia context and development perspectives.
2. Ensuring that HI is well represented within the external meetings with international aid stakeholders and Governmental bodies.
3. Ensuring that the programme's administrative team is aware of Kenyan regulation and evolution concerning International NGO working framework in Kenya.
4. Ensuring that HI obtains appropriate Tax Exemption and authorisation for International staff to work in the country.
5. Providing assistance to the PD on internal coordination and other related activities when needed.
Qualifications and skills required:-
Salary will be according to experience
If you feel you are the right candidate for this position, kindly send your application along with an up-to-date CV(including 3 referees with their current contacts) by email to :- email@example.com .
The email subject line should be marked: “Application for Liaison Officer position”
Please do not send your academic and other testimonials they will be requested at a later stage.
Only short listed candidates with the above qualifications and skills will be contacted.
Any kind of lobbying on behalf of applicants or canvassing will lead to immediate disqualification.
It has come to our attention that there are some fraudulent advertisements circulating on behalf of HANDICAP INTERNATIONAL. Be fully aware that HANDICAP INTERNATIONAL DOES NOT request for any fees from applicants during the application and/or induction process.
Any occurrence of this kind is to be reported without delay to firstname.lastname@example.org for further action.
Handicap International is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females and Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply