International Centre for Care and Treatment Programs (ICAP) of Columbia University is working with a consortium of partners led by Jhpiego and the Ministries of Health to implement activities in support of the USAID-funded APHIA Plus Program in Central and Eastern Provinces.
The APHIA plus Program is designed to contribute substantively to the United States Government (USG) and Government of Kenya goals in HIV and AIDS, TB, Reproductive Health/Family Planning, malaria and maternal and child health.
Applications are invited for the position of Program Officer to be stationed in Embu.
The Program Officer will plan and perform day-to-day implementation of HIV and care and TB/HIV treatment services at Aphia plus facilities, in collaboration with the Ministries of Health.
- Planning and implementation of HIV care and treatment services and TB/HIV activities at supported facilities
- Provide on-going supervision of HIV care and treatment and TB/HIV programs
- Co-ordinate mentorship of facility staff
- Participate in quality assurance/quality improvement of HIV and TB/HIV programs
- Assist in program monitoring and evaluation
- Preparation of budgets, work plans, reports and other technical papers
- Diploma or Degree in medicine
- At least three years’ experience in program planning
- Experience with HIV/AIDS programming
- Familiarity with district-level health care programs in Kenya
- Clinical experience in HIV management
- Strong supervisory and management skills
All applications including a current CV (attachments bearing both your names and the job title), telephone number and referees ( one who should be your current/former supervisor) should be sent to the HR and Administration Manager, ICAP email@example.com on or before 10th August 2012.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ICAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer